The Procurement Engineer reports to the Head of Sales and is responsible for supporting the commercial growth of Eezee through active prospecting, onboarding small to medium local enterprises and maintaining key buyer relationships.
Job Interactions & Interface
This role interacts with internal staff: Operations, Customer Success, Tech, Product
- Source for materials, services, and vendors in the MRO industry
- Negotiate with external vendors on pricing, scope & other contractual terms
- In charge of daily operational purchasing such as planning, issuing and follow up on purchase orders, delivery, and schedules.
- Perform quality audits and control deliveries on a case-by-case basis.
- Involved in engineering changes regarding components, products and/or engineering & production processes. Follow up on any corrective actions regarding material and process-improvement.
- Work with existing or new vendor to lower materials cost through value engineering, reverse engineering, new design, alternative substitution, or relaxing of tolerance or standard of the materials.
- Support cost reduction programs for new and existing projects.
- Monitor inventory for consumable and purchase material when required.
- Manage and coordinate purchase material for various project.
- Candidates possess at least Diploma in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management is preferred
- 1-2 years of procurement experience in engineering industry is preferred
- Strong technical background in the MRO industry especially in Oil and Gas, and Safety products
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Independent, self-driven and pro-active attitude with an eye for details