The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop financial strategies for the organization. You are comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner, decision-maker, and providing regular financial reporting.
Job Interactions & Interface:
This role interacts with internal staff: Business Development, Sales, Operations, Finance
Externally this role interacts with: Suppliers and enterprise clients
This role reports to: CEO
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Manage the Finance Department and oversee the operations, set goals and objectives, and design a framework and set metrics to achieve the team’s goals.
- Look into strengthening current internal control and process improvement.
- Spearhead initiatives on how the organization can improve its overall financial health
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Manage financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Work with individual departments to prepare budgets and consolidate them into one overall corporate budget.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree and several years’ experience in the Finance and Accounting field will be required to succeed in a Finance Manager role. A degree in Accountancy or Finance will be particularly advantageous.
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Commercial and business acumen
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Ability to stick to time constraints.
- 5 years of finance experience in a wholesale trading company.